Facebook icon

Estate, Trust, and Conservatorship Administration

Estate Administration for Deceased Individuals

“My husband named me as executor of his Will. Now that he has passed, what am I supposed to do?”

“My Dad died without a Will. Does that mean we have to go through probate?”

“I already qualified as Mom’s Executor. But now I’m completely overwhelmed by the accounting being requested by the Commissioner. I need help!”

If you are trying to navigate the financial affairs of a loved one who has recently died, you are probably getting a lot of conflicting information. The bank employee tells you one thing; the DMV tells you another; and then the Clerk at the Court contradicts them all and overwhelms you with a huge packet of court documents. Who is right?

The problem is that each person is only considering one piece of the puzzle. You need someone who can step back and evaluate the situation as a whole – someone who can develop a comprehensive strategy that addresses each puzzle piece in context. That is where The Heritage Law Group comes in. Nine times out of ten, the plan that we map out for you is going to be much easier than what the bank teller told you to do. Often, we can help you get everything sorted out without having to go to Court at all. If Court involvement is necessary, or if you have already qualified as Personal Representative of an estate, we provide representation throughout the whole process. This includes those dreaded accountings being requested by the Commissioner of Accounts!

So please, when someone dies, come talk with us before you do anything. It is much easier (and cheaper!) to start off with the right plan than to correct-course partway through.

Other Administration Matters

“I’m the successor trustee of my brother’s living Trust. He’s recently been admitted to a nursing home. What am I supposed to do now?”

“The Court has appointed me as Mom’s guardian and conservator. My siblings would love to make trouble, so I want to make sure I do everything by-the-book. Can you help?”

“My ten-year-old child is inheriting money from her father’s life insurance policy. The company is telling me I have to go to Court to be named as Guardian of my child’s estate. Do I really have to do this?”

The Heritage Law Group assists clients in trust, conservatorship, and guardianship administration. If you have been named as a trustee, guardian, or conservator, you have specific responsibilities and exposure to liability. Our attorneys help you navigate these complex issues. Proper management ensures that you, and the assets in your stewardship, remain safe.